Skin Files Don't Work

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 17:42

Skin Files Don't Work

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi there,

Having the themes and such in the App_Data folder basically means that Skin files won't work doesn't it?

Regards,
Jacques

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi J,

There is a bug you can review in PITS concerning skins being successfully applied. The custom skins in your theme`s folder will not work. To style your theme use the css files in the Global folder, additional css referenced in the master page, or CSS widget. You can use the built in skins to style widgets without problems.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

I am experiencing the same issue with a new built in 4.2, which is completely not the case with a site that was converted from 3.7 SP4.  So where in the directory structure might I find the "Global" folder ... or how do I access it in order to import a new skin file for the navigation?

Thanks,
Jason

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Jason,

The Global directory is a part of the theme. You can create and register a theme following the documentation.
Custom skins will not be applied to the navigation widget due to the bug mentioned in my previous post. The bug fix is sheduled for Q3 release.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed