Error mapping theme to template

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:37

Error mapping theme to template

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Greetings,
Keep getting a "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: type" error when I try to map a custom theme to a custom template. Perhaps its my path to my theme?:

"~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/Homepage/App_Themes/Homepage/main.css"

Not sure what to try next. Looking for some suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Chris,

If I understand you correctly your are trying to add your theme to website and use it in your custom template. Correct me if I am wrong. Please consult our designer's guide - the section related to the registration of themes.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,
I have looked at the documentation, and been using as I'm new to Sitefinity. I've followed all steps of uploading a custom template and theme. My template works, but the CSS isn't being applied...which is when I looked into mapping the theme to the template.  

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Chris,

Please create a screenshots of your site structure so I can get a better picture of the situation. If for example your master page is in folder App_Data\Sitefinity\WebsiteTemplates\YourTemplate\App_Themes\MyTheme and is called mymaster and the css is in WebsiteTemplates\YourTemplate\App_Themes\MyTheme\Global\mycss.css you can reference to it by adding the following lines in your head tag of the master page:

<link href="Global/mycss.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,
I added the link to the style sheet manually, but its not loading any of the styles. Here's is my strucuture:

WebsiteTemplates
- Homepage
-- App_Master
    --- homepage.master
-- App_Themes
    --- Homepage
       ---- Global
        ----- main.css

And here is what I am using to manually pull in my style sheet:

<link href="/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/Homepage/App_Themes/Homepage/Global/main.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

If I try to map the template to my style via the dashboard, I still get that "null" error.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Chris,

Can you open a support ticket and send me the theme files, so I can install it locally and diagnose the problem.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed