Changing page titles site-wide

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 09:03

Changing page titles site-wide

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2011 00:00

I have done a lot of research into how we can implement a standard page title prefix across the entire site.

I have read a lot of posts regarding doing this in code but we need a more client-friendly way of managing page titles that doesn't require coding.

We're using master pages for our templates but it's clear that the <title> tags from them are ignored.

Does anyone have a simple, non-code solution that will allow us to add a prefix to the page titles that are added individually in the settings for each page? And, have that solution be manageable by a non-technical client?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Phil Wilson,

Please find attached a simple web form which you can add to your project, build it and then freely navigate to this page whenever you want to add a prefix globally to all pages. The web page displays a single button and a textbox where you can enter the desired prefix, I believe this solution should suit your needs.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2011 00:00

This thing changed the Page Name, not the Page Title.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Jkregala,

Do you mind changing the

.ForEach(p => p.Page.Title = prefix + p.Page.Title)
line to:
.ForEach(p => p.Page.HtmlTitle = prefix + p.Page.HtmlTitle)

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed