Submenu navigation

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:41

Submenu navigation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2011 00:00

I am currently using Sitefinity v. 4.1 SP3 and I have a customer requirement to display a top menu with only the top level pages and each Page Group/Page Section should display a separate left hand navigation with the pages below the Page Group.

Therefore, for example my top menu bar would look like this:

Home  PageGroup1 PageGroup2 PageGroup3 About Us Feedback SiteMap

When I click on PageGroup1, I would see the following in the left hand navigation

SubPage1
SubPage2
SubPage3
SubPage4
SubPage5

Is there a way to accomplish this using the existing Sitefinity navigation controls?  If so, how is this accompilshed?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Samir Vaidya,

What you can do with the existing Navigation control is to add two navigation controls - one for Top Level Pages and one for All pages under currently opened page. This way, when you click on Page Group 1 (for example), the second navigation control will show all the child pages of Page Group 1.

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

This is similar to what I require as well but if I follow your suggestion to choose "All pages under currently opened page", the child menu will only be displayed if I click on group menu and none will be displayed if clicked on child menu.

What I want is, to have a group menu and all the childs under the group would display as well.
ie.
If the current open page has parent/group section, display the group link + all the childs under that group,
if the current open page doesn't have grouping, then display the top navs, just 1st level.

And also, I don't want to keep adding submenu navigations (by choosing "All pages under particular page") on each pages but set the nav control only at the main template.

Any suggestion how to achieve this?
Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi May,

What you require can be easily achieved with two menus (one horizontal and one vertical). The horizontal menu should be set on "All pages under currently open page" - this will show all of the children of the current page. The vertical menu should be set on "All siblings of currently open page" - this will show all of the pages on the current level (if it is a group page it will show all of the pages in the group, selecting the first of them).
After that you can customize your menus they way you want.
Hope that helps.

Greetings,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed