Apply shadow for Radchart Border line

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:25

Apply shadow for Radchart Border line

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi

I want to set the shadow effect on the radchart border. Is it possible ?

Hello Arima,

RadChart for ASP.NET AJAX supports shadows for its elements. You can control the Blur, Distance, Color and Position as demonstrated here.
To set Shadow effect for the Border of the PlotArea you may use the following code:

<PlotArea>   
     <Appearance>
          <FillStyle FillType="Solid" MainColor="White">
          </FillStyle>
          <Border Color="202, 200, 171" />
          <Shadow Blur="5" Distance="3" />
      </Appearance>
  </PlotArea>

Kind regards,
Evgenia
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Evgenia

I am asking shadow line for outer line(boder) of radchart not for the data series. I have already tried what you have mentioned here, it was doing the shadows for the plot area. Please see the attached image.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Arima,

To have the Shadow effect applied to your outer border set the code between the starting and ending tags of RadChart like this:

<telerik:RadChart ID="MyShadowedChart"
            <Appearance>
                <Shadow Blur="3" Color="Azure" Distance="3" />
            </Appearance>
</telerik:RadChart>

Kind regards,
Evgenia
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Evgenia

I followed your way. But still i am not getting the expected result. I am attachig the result image.

<

telerik:RadChart ID="MyShadowedChart" runat="server">

<Appearance>

</Appearance>

</

telerik:RadChart>

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Arima,

My bad - I omitted the PlotArea starting and ending tags in the code snippet provided before. Here's how it should look like:

<telerik:RadChart ID="MyShadowedChart">
      <PlotArea>
            <Appearance
            </Appearance
      </PlotArea>
</telerik:RadChart>

Best wishes,
Evgenia
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Evgenia

I don't want to apply shadow effect on Plot area. I need for the outer line(Border) of radchart.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Arima,

I'm sorry for misleading you. Unfortunately there is no way to set Shadow to the outer-most border of the Chart since the Shadow effect is available for Chart's elements only (Legend, Title and PlotArea).

Greetings,
Evgenia
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed