Basic Theme Persisting?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 20:35

Basic Theme Persisting?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello

I've been fiddling around with sitefinity for a month or so now learning how to use the software and building test sites and pages. I managed to finally figure out how to style the radMenus so I made a theme, registered it, and began attaching it to the test pages I've made.

The problem is that the basic theme keeps coming through somehow and I think it's affecting how theme images are displayed. I've set the default front end theme to be the custom theme. Every built in template I'm using is set to use the custom theme, I have not begun using custom master pages. The images are stored in the proper locations and the CSS is referencing them correctly so they should be displaying. I am using Firefox with the Web Developer and Firebug add-ons. Every time I go to view live site or preview a page, the theme images are not present. Once I start up Web Developer to view the CSS to find any problems, the pictures appear correctly.

I am a bit confused as to why this is happening, and why the basic theme persists (I even went so far as to remove it completely under Settings to no effect, WebDev and Firebug still showed it being referenced). What am I missing?

Thanks,
Darrah

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Darrah,

The additional .css you see is loaded from a resource file by Sitefinity and it cannot be stopped. However, when you restyle some of its styling (body tag or RadMenu elements for example) the generated resource .css get overriden and your changes are applied. This works perfectly well for images, just make sure that your folder structure is like the one here:
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/designers-guide/creating-a-theme.aspx
Also, make sure that the links to the images are like the following:

body
    background-image: url("../Images/Lighthouse.jpg");
If your url is something different, an error may occur in its parsing and that could be the reason for Sitefinity not to load it.  All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Svetoslav,

I went back and renamed all url instances like advised, reuploaded, and refreshed but the images still refused to show up. I could see no reason for it not to work since the file structure was correct per the documentation, so I began to wonder if I had registered it wrong in settings.

Sure enough, I forgot the "YourTemplate" folder in the path "/App_Data/Sitefinty/WebsiteTemplates/YourTemplate/App_Themes/YourTheme". So I corrected the folder structure, updated the path and all is working as it should now.

Thanks!
Darrah

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Darrah,

I'm glad your problem was solved, can we close the support ticket now?

Best wishes,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Svetoslav
Yes, we can close this ticket now.

Darrah

This thread is closed