How to display control's description for the CMS user

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 10:23

How to display control's description for the CMS user

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if it's possible to show for the CMS backend user the controls description somehow?

I have a list with custom controls that are listed within the Drag widget section of my Edit mode page view and would like to somehow give more information on them for the user...

I know that I can use description attribute when registering my custom tool but this isn't visible to the CMS user (or is it?)...

Can someone guide me here, please?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Vik

I went in to have a look, and you are right!

The Description field renders out on the widget in the toolbox as an attribute called "description"....where if it rendered out as "title" then the description becomes a tooltip popup

Have a look: screencast.com/.../ww5W964B

@Telerik, can you please fix this?

Thanks, Steve!
Look forward to Telerik's confirmation that this has been fixed:)

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Viktoriya,

I have logged a task to make the description attribute a title so the description pops up on hover. This will probably be included in the next official release. You can track the status of the task in PITS (http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/7997).

Let us know if you need further help.

Kind regards,
Katia
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Katia,

Look forward to seeing it solved.

Thanks,

Viktoriya

This thread is closed