App_Data Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 07:15

App_Data Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi all,

I create a new Site with  SF 4.2.
1,Create a new master and register it  successfully.
2,Create a new theme and the folder structure.
3,Create a new page use the master with the theme.

the problem is  that the page displayed look like not use a theme.
1, check the pase source , and i find  the page has the correct reference .
2, click  F12  , the theme  style file  was Forbidden  with  a  403 error.

i think the App_data folder  is a special folder   only  visited  on the server. so it will be not   download to the client end.

but the themes have to  drop in the Special  Folder Structure .
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/designers-guide/website-templates-file-structure.aspx
what can i do ?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Yang,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

First of all, make sure you registered your theme correctly in the Administration section of Sitefinity. Go to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Appearance -> Frontend Themes (~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/testTheme/App_Themes/original/). The 403 exception may have occurred, because you tried to link directly to resources in the App_Data folder, which is not possible, since this folder has special permissions.
If that's not it, try renaming your stylesheet to main.css. Sitefinity should load it automatically.
You could also try to move your theme outside the App_Data file and see if you can load it.

Let me know whether the proposed solutions help.

Kind regards,
Zheyna Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2011 00:00

Thanks for your response, this solution is success.
the problem is :
i use the path when i register the theme :

~\App_Data\Sitefinity\WebsiteTemplates\EloanHomeTemplate\App_Themes\EbrokingRewards\

but the path should be like as :
~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/EloanHomeTemplate/App_Themes/EbrokingRewards/

and the css link  of   html source  is appearance as bellowing:
<link href="/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/EloanHomeTemplate/App_Themes/EbrokingRewards/global/upmenu_ie.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

not in the App_Data  ,and work well.

thanks a lot again.

This thread is closed