Changing Theme Image

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 06:58

Changing Theme Image

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello,

I have a theme that is working; however, if I change an image in the theme I seem to have to go back into the Settings and resave the theme before the change works. Is this how it is supposed to work?

Thanks,
John

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello John S.,

You don't need to register your theme after every change. Did you restart your application? It is possible that this behavior occurs because the content of your project gets cached. Try cleaning the cache of your browser and see if the issue reproduces again.

Best wishes,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello,

I am still having problems with this (just getting back to the project). It is really odd and I feel I must be overlooking something.

An example, If I have a background image ,main_background.jpg, and if I make a change to that image it does not show up. If I delete the image and then put it back it never loads either; however, if I change the name in the css file and change the name of the file to match it works.

I have tried 
url('./Images/main_background.jpg');
url('Images/main_background.jpg');
url(Images/main_background.jpg);
url(./Images/main_background.jpg);

Also, if it matters, I have a source Photoshop file I edit and export out as the .jpg.

Clearing the cache has no effect. The only thing I seem to be able to do to make this work is change the file name.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I feel like this is something that has to be simple.

Thanks,
John S.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2011 00:00

John,

Does your theme follow this file structure?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it does follow the structure shown.

John

John,

Have you tried it like this?

.yourclass background: url(../Images/main_background.png) no-repeat top left;

That's a line from a CSS file I'm using in one of my themes. I've changed it to look a bit more like an example though...

Tim,

I had a problem with what you sent on the last post; however, everything now seems to be working as expected the way I had it.

I have no idea what is up with this....if it reappears I will be back.

Thanks,
John S

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2011 00:00

The problem reappeared about 10 minutes after I said it went away.

If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2011 00:00

John,

If you're using the recommended structure and your css is written like the example I posted, you shouldn't be having issues.

Is the page live? Can you provide a link?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2011 00:00

Tim,

Thanks for the response. For some reason I am not getting updates on this thread by email.

The page is not live. I think I have to have something set up wrong. I am going to start from scratch and see what happens.

John S

This thread is closed