Blog Categories & Pagination

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 00:16

Blog Categories & Pagination

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

I have several blog categories that when clicked, show the blog posts that correspond to those categories just fine, however, every link within the pagination at the bottom of the page links back to the main blog pages. Perhaps I am overlooking something?

Can someone explain how pagination works when using blog categories?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi John,

We have tried to follow the provided directions but we could experience the described behaviour. Can you provide screenshots or give more details about your situation?

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

I have set up an extremely crud example:

01 go to: www.airforceheritage.org/.../
02 scroll to the bottom of the page, click on "Warbirds"
03 you are now in the blog category for "Warbirds"
04 scroll to the bottom of the page, click on pagination link (either one), they both link back to the main blog page.

http://i.imgur.com/MRAyg.jpg

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi John,

Yes this can be achieved. Edit blogs widget click Advanced button(lower right) and change UrlEvaluationMode to “QueryString”. Then when you select page 2 and a category it will show you items on page 2 in this category going to page 1 will show items in page 1 for this category. When you go to page 4 and select the category no  results will be returned because there aren`t 4 pages of items in the selected category.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2013 00:00

Here is an example of the problem in action:
www.sitefinity.com/.../dev-manual-preview

I cannot find this UrlEvaluationMode you speak of.

This thread is closed