Targetting IE8

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:06

Targetting IE8

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi,

When comparing different browsers, I see that Firefox and IE9 have no problem with CSS in Sitefinity 4, but IE8 is drama. Has anyone found a way to target IE8 in a simple way, without needing expert coding?

Gr, Patrick

The way i target IE specific browsers is by using conditional comments.
I actually insert the code into the master pages, which is probably the hard way of doing it.
Right before the ending /body tag, insert this code and create an IE8 specific css file.

<!--[if gte IE 8]><link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="PATH_TO_YOUR_STYLE_SHEETS/ie8.css" media="screen" /><![endif]-->

Yeah what do you mean IE8 is drama?  The backend should work fine, and the frontend is all whatever theme you have applied.  Are you saying the default unmodified "Basic" theme styles are borked in IE8?

Have you ever worked in the administration part of Sitefinity on multiple browsers? Its totally borked. How about an infinite page looping to refresh itself in Firefox 7 when you're trying to drag a content block into a simple page? 

@John, there was a hotfix for that problem, it showed up just after FF7 was released which was after a previous SF release.  So it's not like they left a game breaking bug in there...a new browser version hosed it.

This thread is closed