RadTabStrip rtsSelected confusion

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 07:32

RadTabStrip rtsSelected confusion

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2011 00:00

I've been following some other threads regarding an issue with the RadTabStrip classes, specifically the rtsSelected class and how it doesn't seem to be associated correctly depending on hover states.

By the shear nature of it's name, one could reason that the rtsSelected class would only be used for the menu item that is the currently selected menu item. Therefore, it stands to reason that the rtsSelected class should not be used for a menu item when the cursor is simply hovering over it, as it has yet to be selected.

But that's not what I'm seeing. What I'm seeing is that the class, rtsSelected, is indeed defined for the menu item that is selected, but once the cursor hovers over a different, non-selected, menu item, the rtsSelected class changes to the hover item. Again, the true selected item has not changed.

This is demonstrated by the images (MyMenu1-3).

Interestingly, previous versions of Sitefinity seem to work just fine. That is, the rtsSelected class remains only on the menu item that is currently selected and does not change depending on the hover state of other menu items.

This is demonstrated in the Distant Learning page of the Telerik University sample site. The menu I'm referring to is the vertical menu in the content area (see attached images DistantLearning1-3).

A previous thread suggests to use the RadMenu instead of the RadTabStrip as a work-a-round but that is not an option for me. My navigation characteristics require the RadTabStrip. Is there any schedule to address this issue? If so, how soon?

Thanks,
Michael

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2011 00:00

I'm experience the same thing in the Ecommerce Checkout widget.
Curious how this works.

Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Daniel,

I tried to reproduce this issue, but wasn't able to. Could you please attach a video or describe all the steps that led you to this odd behavior? Also, you can take a look at this video, which shows how the RadTabStrip navigation worked when I tested it. It seems that the rtsSelected class is applied only to the selected element, as it should be.

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2011 00:00

Jen,

Thank you for looking into this. To reproduce the issue, make sure navigation control setting, Open drop down menu on, is set to "Mouse Over". When this setting is set to "Click" it works as expected.

Thanks,
Michael

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your clarification. As you have properly pointed out the rtsSelected class should be applied to no other, but the current page. The issue has been logged as a bug in our system, which will be fixed for our future releases. Below, as a workaround,  you'll find a custom navigation, based on RadTabStrip. Since it seems that now rtsSelected is applied to the hovered tabs (which is not correct),  In the code behind we've added a class, which takes the expected role of rtsSelected. Thus, using it you'll be able to apply styles to the tab that represents the current page. I believe this is what you're looking for.

Best wishes,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed