Changing the colors and Fonts on Navigation

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 20:05

Changing the colors and Fonts on Navigation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2011 00:00

I have gone into the Navigation bar and made changes to the color and the fonts but they dont ever show up.  Is there a better way to change the colors and layout of the Navigation bar and buttons?  Also is there a way to do indivdual colors per button on a bar that has over 8 different selections?

Edit:  I am looking for an easier anwser( for an end user non programmer to be able to make these changes)  thx.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Keir,

How exactly did you change the font color? There are two possible approaches when styling the navigation  - either with a css widget, or by css included in the theme, which will be applied to your template.
 The easiest way to add styles to the navigation would be using our build-in skins. In order to do so you need to enter the name of the chosen skin in the css skin field of your navigation's designer. You are also able to create custom skins with our Visual Style Builder. Using those skins is almost as easy as working with the embedded RadSkins. The only thing that has to be done is to add the skin to your theme and then enter its name in the css skin field, mentioned above (it doesn't require any programming skills).
As for your other question, correct me if I'm wrong, but you'd like to have a different background color for each tab of your navigation. You can achieve this with the nth-child selector (css). Note that it's not supported in all versions of IE. If you need compatibility with IE older than version 9, use sibling combinators or JavaScript as suggested in this forum thread.

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed