Adding Hyperlink to Image control?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:26

Adding Hyperlink to Image control?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2012 00:00

Is it possible to add a hyperlink ('href') to a SiteFinity image control? I don't see that property listed (under simple/advanced). When an image has needed a hyperlink, I just use a content block and use html, but I'd think the Image control would have this capability. Am I missing something?

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2012 00:00

Brian,

The image widget is simply for displaying an image. If someone needs that image to be a link then, as you've noticed, using the content block widget is the preferred method.

Hope that helps!

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

The image control doesn't offer such functionality, but you can use the content block without editing the HTML. For this purpose, insert an image in the content block through the Image Manager, right-click on it and choose 'Image Map Editor'. A dialog will then open, where you can specify the area of the link and define the URL where the image will lead.

Kind Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2015 00:00

Hi

I am getting back into sitefinity, v 8.1 after a long break (v4). The clickable icon is still missing... however using the image map technique is not working for me either:

1.     The popup preview does not quite fit the Edit window, some of the dialog is missing. If I click New Area and fill in the fields, hit update area and click OK, the setting are not saved? If I immediately go back and edit the map the image is still there but the settings are empty.

any ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2015 00:00

Hello Tim,

In order to have a better view of the pop-up window you can open the editor in full-screen mode.

In addition, in order to save the newly created shape, please ensure that the values are update (Update Area button) - screenshot

I hope the information helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2017 00:00

It's no problem to use the content block, it just seems odd from a user interface point-of-view to have the option to link to a page from the site, but not to have the external URL option when they are usually together.

This thread is closed