Module Builder - nested lists?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 23:11

Module Builder - nested lists?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2012 00:00

Here is what I am trying to accomplish.
I have a list of conference sessions. I created a custom module called "Sessions". I added in all the sessions, including all their dates.
I want a list that looks like this:

Monday
9:00 am Session 1 
1:30 pm Session 2

Tuesday 
9:00 am Session 3
3:00 pm Session 4

I can get the time and titles fine. it's the Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday parts I'm unsure of. If I put three different controls each with a different category of session, when I click on the detail view it opens three times. So that didn't work.

Suggestions?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Amanda,

At the moment we don't offer Hierarchical modules, but we're looking forward to have this implemented soon. As a workaround you can use the Lists module. You can create a Lists with all days of the week and for each list create a session item. Then, you will be able to display both list and list items in a lists widget.

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2012 00:00

Thank you, Jen.

I came up with another work around. I added a field called Day and put it in the template as a heading. Then I only entered data in the field for the first session of each day. Dirty way to do it, but it worked!

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Amanda,

I'm glad that you found a suitable workaround for your scenario.

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed