Sitefinity 4.4 Documents & Files layout problem

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:04

Sitefinity 4.4 Documents & Files layout problem

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2012 00:00

We have many files and when viewing that page in a smaller screen it looks really bad because of the style. I'm not sure if its a bug or a layout issue that we've caused.
See the attached screenshot:

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2012 00:00

Oscar,
You need to have spaces in your document titles. Use spaces where the underscore is, that will wrap the titles nicely and fix the issue. I think Telerik are aware of this issue but gave it a very low priority. I remember reporting it about a year ago. Just use spaces in your document titles, that will fix it for you.
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Oscar,

I have logged this into PITS. You can track its progress in PITS.

Thank you for letting us know.

All the best,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Feb-2012 00:00

I voted this issue up in PITS. I also added the mention of the sort order change. 

Note that as mentioned in PITS, the dates overlapping issue on the right is significant and separate from the title overlapping issue. Adding spaces to your document name fixes the title overlapping issue but not the date overlapping issue. 

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,

Could you supply the steps you did to create the date overlapping? I wasn't able to recreate the dates overlapping. I created a document name "Tulips_File_File_File_File_File_File_File_File_File_File_File_File" and the dates did not overlap. Which version are you running off of? I tested the document name with 4.4 2117.

Please let us know if we run into anymore issue.

Kind regards,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2012 00:00

Thanks for the response Grace.

Sitefinity version is 4.4.2117.0. I'm not sure what steps you can take to reproduce but I attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing that may help. I'm working on the upgrade from 4.0 to 4.4 which is when we found the problem with the dates. It might be a combination of having long document titles, owner names and deeply-nested library names. 

The issue is reproducible in IE8, IE8 compatibility view, Chrome 17 and Firefox 10. When I put IE8 in IE7 mode, the formatting is still a little crooked but there is no overlapping and it's completely readable. It looks like the only difference in this view is that the "Library / Categories / Tags" column wraps (see second screenshot). The wrapping of that column seems significant and might be the issue right there. 

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am still unable to reproduce the issue with the dates overlapping. I am testing with Firefox 10.0.2 and I have a very long file name with spaces, library name and my owner name is longer and wasn't able to get the dates to overlap in the Filter Documents & Files column.

Is there any other information you can think of to reproduce the issue?

Please let me know.

All the best,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2012 00:00

Sorry Grace, not sure if there's much more info I can give you. 

Here's some info about the documents listed on my particular setup...

Longest doc title = 117 chars including spaces
Longest list of categories = 3 categories with 64 total chars with spaces
Longest library name = 48 chars with spaces 
Longest owner name = 17 chars with spaces

Not sure if that helps but feel free to give me ideas on what else you may need. 

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2012 00:00

I am having this exact issue, it only occurs on screens with low resolution, 1280px and lower.

Can you advise if there is a fix on the way, we are using Sitefinnity 4.4.

Thanks
Jen

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2012 00:00

I am able to reproduce this in IE AND in Chrome...  If you take your browser and minimize it horizontally, you can see the overlap.  Not all our clients have wide screens as I do and this happens to them often.  Very annoying problem and should be fixed.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2012 00:00

I did find that if you remove (in firefbug) the "white-space:nowrap" from the CSS of 
.RadGrid_Sitefinity .rgHeader, .RadGrid_Sitefinity thead .rgHeader, .RadGrid_Sitefinity thead th, .k-grid .k-grid-header th.k-header 
It will then wrap the grid columns and minimize the overlap.

Where would be the best place to do this or can it be done?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2012 00:00

I have the same problem. Any solution for this? (In 5.1 version, the problem is solved.)
Thanks!

This thread is closed