Blog List View - Placing Full Story Link & Summary on on

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 01:41

Blog List View - Placing Full Story Link & Summary on one line

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi there,

I'm trying to customise the Blog List template so that I can display both the Summary and the Full Story link on one line.

Currently the template will render:

Summary of blog post.
              > Full Story Link

Whereas for my project I'd prefer:

Summary of blog post. >Full Story Link

Here's the code of my template. Please forgive me if this is a dense question!

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Comments" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>   

<telerik:RadListView ID="Repeater" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
    <LayoutTemplate>
        <sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar ID="MainBrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Add"></sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar>
        <ul class="sfpostsList sfpostListTitleDateSummary" style="list-style-type: none;
      padding:0px; ,margin: 0px;">
            <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" />
        </ul>
    </LayoutTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>
        <li class="sfpostListItem">

<h3 class="sfpostTitle">
                <sf:DetailsViewHyperLink TextDataField="Title" ToolTipDataField="Description" runat="server" />
            </h2>

<div class="sfpostAuthorAndDate">

<sf:FieldListView ID="PostDate" runat="server" Format=" Posted PublicationDate.ToLocal():dd MMMMM yyyy" />
            </div>

<sf:FieldListView ID="PostContent" runat="server" Text="0" Properties="Summary" WrapperTagName="div" WrapperTagCssClass="sfpostSummary" />
<sf:DetailsViewHyperLink ID="FullStory" Text="-> Full Story" runat="server" CssClass="sfpostFullStory" />

<sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar ID="BrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Edit,Delete,Unpublish"></sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar>
        </li>
    </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadListView>
<sf:Pager id="pager" runat="server"></sf:Pager>
<asp:PlaceHolder ID="socialOptionsContainer" runat="server" />

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Mitch,

Thank you for using our services and don't worry about the question. I'll be glad to help.

You can achieve what you want with css. Simply declare float:left to the .sfpostSummary class that is set to the Summary div. This will move the Full story link next to the Summary.

Let me know if you need additional assistance.

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2013 00:00

Hi

How would I change the text 'Full Story'?

Thanks

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2013 00:00

Hi Mitch,

You ca directly change the text in the template that you're using. Here's the part that renders the "Full story" text:

<sf:FieldListView ID="PostContent" runat="server" Text="0" Properties="Summary" WrapperTagName="div" WrapperTagCssClass="sfpostSummary" />
<sf:DetailsViewHyperLink ID="FullStory" Text="-> Full Story" runat="server" CssClass="sfpostFullStory" />

Regards,
Jen Peleva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed