Nested Masterpages with built-in templates

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:55

Nested Masterpages with built-in templates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi - we have been wrestling with the template builder for a while now and I wondered is there a way to use nested master pages with the built-in templates?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello,

You could create your own nested page and use them in the Sitefinity. Please take a look at this public URL connected with nested master pages. There are attached files in the post which might help you.

All the best,

Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2012 00:00

Along the same lines. I have 8 master pages, all of which eventually inherit from one master page that has the header, main nav, footer and such. I need them to be master pages because the we have a custom design that I can't reasonably implement with the layout designer. From what I read in that referenced article and in other posts is that when I add a widget to the root master page that it will not be on the other pages. I tested this and that is what I came up with as well. So from what I understand I will need to add the main navigation widget (and 3 other widgets) to all 8 master pages and keep their configurations in sync.

Am I missing something or is that really what I have to do?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,

When you add a widget to your master page, the widget is not automatically added in the other master pages which inherits from the main master page, because the widget that you have added is saved in the database and is not applied to the ASP.NET master file. If you add your code manually in the main master page in Visual Studio then you will be able to see the changes.

In order not to add the widgets to all of the master pages, when you create them you can base the new template to you custom master page. For your convenience I have recorded a sample video demonstration.

Kind regards,

Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed