Show child pages of currently selected top level nav item (v

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 07:52

Show child pages of currently selected top level nav item (v5)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello,

I've created a vertical tree navigation, showing top level items initially. I've selected the option to show all existing levels.

If I click on a top level item that has children, they don't show in the navigation.

I only see child pages listed under a top level item in the navigation if I'm currently viewing a child page.

What settings do I need to show all child pages of a currently selected top level or parent page?

Thanks!

Regards,
N

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2012 00:00

Any resolution to this?  I'm using tree navigation

-Category1

++prod1

++prod2

-Category2

++prod3

++prod4

When I click on Category1 or Category2, it does not auto-expand showing the products under.  I have to physically click the sideways triangle to force the child pages to show.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jan-2013 00:00

Hey Corby,

Out of the box this will work because none of the navigation controls mimic the sidemenu functionality that you're looking for.

Two ways of making it work how ever would be to change 'Category1' and 'Category2' to group pages and checking the box labeled 'Group pages redirect to the first subpage' in the widget option.

Secondly, you can add some custom JavaScript to force a .Toggle(); mimicking the double-click functionality. (double-clicking 'category1' expands its child nodes).

But ideally you'd be building your own navigation widget to avoid the RadControls loading overhead and get rid of the somewhat extensive markup it generates or use something like the CleanNav Control from Aptera.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jan-2013 00:00

Hey Corby,

Out of the box this will work because none of the navigation controls mimic the sidemenu functionality that you're looking for.

Two ways of making it work how ever would be to change 'Category1' and 'Category2' to group pages and checking the box labeled 'Group pages redirect to the first subpage' in the widget option.

Secondly, you can add some custom JavaScript to force a .Toggle(); mimicking the double-click functionality. (double-clicking 'category1' expands its child nodes).

But ideally you'd be building your own navigation widget to avoid the RadControls loading overhead and get rid of the somewhat extensive markup it generates or use something like the CleanNav Control widget from Aptera.

www.sitefinity.com/.../cleannav-control-

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2013 00:00

Hey guys,

I just wanted to follow up with another suggestion. You can set a custom template for the vertical tree navigation, which will contain a RadTreeView

and then bind to ItemDataBound event for instance. In the event handler you can get the current page and find the correspoding RadTreeViewItem

and set the property "Expanded" to true for all of its children. 

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed