Themes in thunder

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 02:51

Themes in thunder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up themes using Sitefinity Thunder and it doesn't seem to be working.

I created a template, but had to manually browse to find the masterfile, as it wasn't in the default location? (it was in App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/MyTemplate, which is where Thunder puts them).

I tried creating a theme, and it goes into the same folder, with App_Themes sub-folder.

When I edit a template in sitefinity, the only theme it shows is called "basic", and none of the new ones are there.

I'm 99% certain I'm doing the same as I done in the past, maybe 2 months ago, and it worked - so no idea why it wont work now - Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2012 00:00

Hello Gary,

In Sitefinity, themes and master pages are kept in a website template. You can check the website template file structure in the documentation. Sitefinity Thunder creates the website templates based on this structure.

If you upload a website template to your web site through Sitefinity Explorer, the theme and master page will be automatically registered. If you create the website template locally, you will need to create a page template based on the master page manually because a page template needs to be created in the database. The theme should still be registered automatically but there is an issue that has been introduced with Thunder's latest version. This will be fixed for the next update. Until we release this fix, you could register the theme manually.

I am sorry for any inconvenience that this might have caused you.

Kind regards,
Marin Atanasov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2012 00:00

Thanks for the answer. I managed to do it manually - just liked having Thunder doing the work for me! :)

Cheers,
Gary

This thread is closed