RadTabstrip <li> issue

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:27

RadTabstrip

• issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2012 00:00

I am admittedly not great with CSS so after fighting this for a few hours I'm hoping someone else can clear this up for me.  I've added a menu to my page template in Sitefinity 5.2 and I wanted it to display as plain text with a "|" in between items.  So I added the followinf CSS:

.placeholder_2 .RadTabStrip li + li:before
    content: "|";
    padding: 0 10px 0 0;
 Which causes all items after the first to display below.  See the attachment.  I've tried everything and nothing helps.  Thanks much!

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

Could you please send us the whole css that you are using. Also are you using a Sitefinity theme, base stylesheet or some of the embedded skins of the RadTabStrip.

All the best,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Dec-2012 00:00

Thanks for getting back to me.  I finally went in another direction using a border instead of content and got it working.  Thanks again.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello,

I am glad that you found a solution.

Please let us know if we can be helpful with anything else.

Greetings,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2012 00:00

Hey Shawn,
  If you use Firefox as your browser, then install the firebug plugin (and I also like firequery) you can right-click and inspect the elements in super easy to understand detail :)  Firebug is just lightyears beyond chrome debugger, ie debugger, default FF debugger.

You can also dynamically change the css and markup on the fly until you figure out why something is happening (then move the code over to your .css file)

...it'll change your life :)

This thread is closed