CSS is not applied

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:25

CSS is not applied

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am new to Sitefinity and Themes.   I just created a MasterPage working with a few CSS files and in Sitefinity I created my new FrontEnd Theme and applied it to my template which is based on my MasterPage.

My directory tree look like this:

~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/MyTHEME/App_Master/MyMASTERPAGE.Master
~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/MyTHEME/App_Themes/MYTHEME/Global/layout.css
~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/MyTHEME/App_Themes/MYTHEME/Global/custom.css
~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/MyTHEME/App_Themes/MYTHEME/Images/logo.gif

When I look in the Google Chrome Javascript Console, it says "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)    .. + the path.

When I access directly the path of my .CSS file in my browser, I get the error :
The request filtering module is configured to deny a path in the URL that contains a hiddenSegment section.

Could this be the problem ?
How can I solve this?

Thank you for helping me.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Dominic,

Thanks for using Sitefinity!

When referencing your theme in Administration > Settings > Advanced >Appearance > Frontened Themes make sure that your Path is ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/App_Themes/YOURTHEME.

Do not include the /global/filename.css portion in the theme.

Take a look at the provided screenshot. My path is ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/App_Themes/Patrick/Global/main.css

in the image you will notice I have the path set as ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/App_Themes/Patrick

The theme structure in Sitefinity will recognize and apply the required items. 

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed