Styling the Standard Login Page

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:17

Styling the Standard Login Page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2013 00:00

I am having some issues trying to style the login screen.

I am working on a project and just need to style the login so that it resembles the site design more. All I need to do is override the styles that are on that page, I don't need to make a new layout or touch the markup.

When I go to the admin > backend pages > and then the login page I go to the properties of that page so I add a tag to the Head of the document. However, if I add a new stylesheet to that and publish it it doesn't actually show up at all! If you preview the page from that screen it will show that that entire page has been stripped of the original styles. But when you view it live on the site, there is no change whatsoever. The new Stylesheet is not referenced at all in the Head, and I actually think that the file being served is completely different.

So is it a different file? And how do I make the file that I can see and edit be the login page.

Also why is it so difficult to just override the core styles for this page?

I tried building the running the Education sample from the SDK, because I read many posts saying that it had a styled login screen. When I loaded it up and went to the login page, it was loaded as the standard screen...the exact one I am looking to change!

What do I need to do to get this working?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2013 00:00

Hey, Ryan!
We happend to have something that you may be interested in probably?
It's a How-to style the backend login page (+ the other 3 pages that go with it - the Need admin rights, the User Limit reached and the User already logged in).

Not quite sure if it will work for you:
Opa login style (changing the backend login style)

How we style those pages is really simple - we just add a Script control on the backend page (from the toolbox) and write some CSS in it. Then we paste it to the other 3 pages and it works fine for our corporate intranet.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Ryan,

Dropping a CSS widget directly on the backend Login page is the simplest and fastest solution as Pavel Donchev has suggested. Another way is to get the Default backend template from the SDK -> Content -> Resources -> DefaultBackEndTheme.zip, then edit it accordingly and apply it to the backend of Sitefinity. 

Kind regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2013 00:00

Thanks, These both worked (as the were the same thing)

I am also trying to figure out how to get the "Forgot Password" Like to show up as well, and that is proving pretty frustrating as well! I can't seem to find any documentation that seem say where to turn that on.
How do I do that? I just want to use the standard page, nothing fancy, I just want that link in there!
Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2013 00:00

Ryan, do you try to show the Forgot Password for the backend login page?
If so - don't trust me 100% but I think it can't be done (at least not without hacking it a bit / some development).
The reason I think so is that backend users password can be reset only by another backend user with appropriate permissions. So maybe there's no way to show forgotten password page / link for the backend login.

If this is your case and you're still strugglig - let me know.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi guys,

The most probable reason why you are not able to show the Forgot password link is that you are using Claims authentication. This is a good place to mention that Sitefinity's Login templates are different for Forms and Claims.

If you switch your project to Forms authentication from Administration->Settings->User authentication, and after that go to Advanced settings->Login you can enable all four  links and they will be visible (and functional) on Sitefinity's login page.

Please refer to the following forum thread for further information:
http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/developing-with-sitefinity-/5-1-sp2-administration---settings---advanced---login

Regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team

Thanks Pavel, both of you.

That was passed to another developer here, but I will see if they haven't got it yet, and direct them to this link.

Hello guys,

we were having the same issue with the "Forgot Password" not showing up. Changing the authentication to forms worked great. Thank you!

www.sitefinity.com/.../switching-to-forms-authentication

All the best,
Beth

(I am independent of the other guy asking this issue) however, after changing to the form authentication we can't see to style properly.

Can anyone help?

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Beth,

Which is the property you aren't able to see. If you're referring to the Forgor your password link, you need to enable it from the Backed (Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Login). This setting, however, works only under Forms Authentication.

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi there, I tried the steps above to edit the Login page and published. When I preview the page I can see the changes, but when I go to the actual login page the page is as if no changes have been made. Is there another login page within SiteFinity that needs to be edited? I am also interested in removing the version number from the footer, again this is removed from the Login page when previewing but not the actual login page.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello,

Could you please open a support ticket and provide us with screenshots of the problem and some additional information so we could provide you with an accurate answer?

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed