Change width of Rad Editor Snippet Drop Down

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 12:46

Change width of Rad Editor Snippet Drop Down

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello,

I have modified the ToolsFile.xml to include some code snippets that I need.  The issue I'm having is that the snippet titles are long and I would like to include icons next to the title.  I'm wanting to make the drop down wider to accommodation the longer titles and icon.  I can see the position of the drop down and the width are being written in-line.  I can use CSS to override this but I'm not sure where the CSS needs to go or is there a property in the tools file I can add to change this?

Please see attachment.

Thanks!

Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2013 00:00

Hey Matt,

You can apply a different .skin file to the RadEditor (administration >> settings >> appearance) and change the option Rad Editors' skin to point from Sitefinity to your own .skin file.

I've zipped up a copy of the Sitefinity skin and you can read more about tweaking a custom skin here.

Jochem

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2013 00:00

Thanks Jochem, 

This looks like exactly what I need. I actually just need to add one rule to Editor.Sitefinity.css to make the drop down wider.  I only have access to the back-end files through 'Administration > File Structure' in the web interface.  I don't believe I can access these files from there, can I?  I might have to have a developer who has the project locally make the change for me.

This thread is closed