How to adjust or remove delay from menu expand?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:30

How to adjust or remove delay from menu expand?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2013 00:00

I placed a Navigation widget on my template and am using the "Horizontal with drop down menus" option. I would like to remove the delay that occurs before the drop down appears so that when I mouse over a menu item with one or more children, the drop down appears instantly.
I am using Sitefinity 5.4

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Keith,

Thank you for using our services.

The only way to modify the behavior of the navigation would be with a template for it. You've mentioned modifying the delay of on mouse-over event. In order to do that, you would have to set the ExpandDelay property to your navigation. Here's some more information about that. RadControls page is also the best source for samples and detailed information on the client-side API of all controls, so you can always refer to it when creating a custom navigation. I have prepared a sample custom template for you:

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="RadMenuDelay.ascx.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.RadMenuDelay" %>
<telerik:RadMenu id="RM" runat="server"
                           ExpandDelay="1000">

</telerik:RadMenu>
Add this to an ascx control and enter the relative path to this control in the Desing settings of the navigation - Custom template path.

All the best,

Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks Jen, I will give this a try.
By the way the information link you gave me above is broken.

~K

Hi Keith,

Here's the correct link:

www.telerik.com/.../p_telerik_web_ui_radmenu_expanddelay.html

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2013 00:00

Thank you Jen, your suggestion worked perfectly.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Oct-2015 00:00

Here is my website: www.smartercommerce.net/.

Probably I'm experiencing the same behavior, but I see the code render for that html navigation drop down is different. Can I have a solution by implement some fix to the widget code?

Thanks in advance.

This thread is closed