Reset.css & Layout.css

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:55

Reset.css & Layout.css

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi, thanks for your time.

While attempting to create a custom template I noticed that SiteFinity's WebResource.axd automatically loads styles from Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Themes.Basic.Global.Reset.css and Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Themes.Basic.Global.Layout.css every time. I don't see any quick way to escape those, and I would appreciate any suggestions.

Ideally I'd like to be able to define a custom theme altogether based on a responsive markup base but my early experiments with a custom master page have failed using the following guideline:

www.sitefinity.com/.../creating-a-template-using-master-pages

Empirically I found that even when I was able to get the master page to resolve all the markup resources, SiteFinity ultimately rendered the three-part Header,Content,Footer page model as a form that wrapped only the Header element and orphaned both the Content and Footer elements.

It's pretty confusing, coming from a background working only with scripted and not compiled language platforms.

** edit ***

Figured it out. By default "Basic" is selected for everything it seems, just have to select it in the Page Template edit view.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Luke,

Thank you for updating this post with your resolution.

Yes, by default it uses the Sitefinity basic theme. You can also access all of the files of this theme, widget templates, and resources by downloading the Sitefinity SDK the built in sitefinity theme is in sitefintiy SDK installation folder (by default its in C:/ProgramFiles/Telerik/SitefintiySDK and the theme is in Content/Resources/BasicFrontendTheme.zip) for  theme registration follow this documentation..

Greetings,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2014 00:00

I am having this problem as well (Sitefinity 6.1) and am confused about your solution. I've picked "No Template, start from scratch" when creating my page. I'm still getting the injected css. 

"Figured it out. By default "Basic" is selected for everything it seems, just have to select it in the Page Template edit view." - I'm not sure how this applies or how to pick this option since I'm not sure what "Page Template edit view" is. When I'm on a page and click "Layout, I see that I can pick all kinds of column layouts. Down at the bottom I see that I've picked "No template". Where is the "Page Template edit view"? 

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello Beth,

The Sitefinity's default theme loads some basic css when the pages are rendered. If you do not want these css files to be loaded you can go to the Sitefinity backend and then click on the Design -> Page Templates and click on your template in order to open the page template in edit mode. The please click on the Theme tab on the right-hand side of the page and from the dropdown select "no theme".

This will minimize the css introduced from Sitefinity into your pages, however there will still be a little amount that we keep injecting in order to keep page content okay. Here is also a short video for your reference demonstrating the above steps.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jul-2014 00:00

I finally figured out that picking "no theme" wasn't an option when picking "start from scratch with no template" - which seems kind of backwards to me. So, I made a template that was basically empty - just a content block - picked "no theme" and then dropped my html into the content block. Thanks for the help.

This thread is closed