Collapsible Panel?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 17:31

Collapsible Panel?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi,

Does Sitefinity have any built-in controls that function like the AJAX CollapsiblePanel?

www.asp.net/.../CollapsiblePanel.aspx

I have a page that's growing way too long and would like to hide parts of it with a clickable image to expand those sections as desired by the visitor.

I see there is a RadPanel control available, but it seems more oriented to collapsible menus instead of large areas of content.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2013 00:00

Have you thought about using jquery.  On a link or button tie to the .click() event then .toggle() the element <div>, <p>, <span> you are trying to hide

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2013 00:00

What about the lists module?  The widget has an expand collapse mode?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi Kevin,

As Steve mentioned, you can use the List module to have an expand and collapse functionality. Also, you can take a look at the blog post by my colleague Stefani, where she's showing how to implement a "Read more" and "Read less" functionality with blog posts:
http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/stefanitacheva/posts/stefani-tacheva-s-blog/2012/11/26/implementing-read-more-and-read-less-functions-in-blog-posts

Regards,
Jen Peleva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2013 00:00

Thanks, all. The Lists module (with some styling) ended up working fine for what I needed. I never noticed the expandable option before for some reason.

Much appreciated,
Kevin

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2014 00:00

Is there a way to style the expandable list to have a different image for each title?
Example outline:

[image 1] Title
     >expandable content

[image 2] Title
     >expandable content

[image 3] Title
     >expandable content

Currently, I have one list template set up to have a background arrow for each title; however, I am seeking to add a different image for each title.

Thoughts?

Maria

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Maria,

This could be easily achieved by using the introduced in the Sitefinity 7.0 - Related Media field.  You can to that by:
- Add a custom field for list items of type related media field
- Add different image for each list item
- Update/Create widget template for list Items by adding that custom field.
- Than you can style the template as per your needs.

Shot video demonstration is available here.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2014 00:00

test

This thread is closed