Horizontal Menu with Drop-downs and... IE8

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:03

Horizontal Menu with Drop-downs and... IE8

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2013 00:00

In the attached image the upper right arrow is pointing where the link is.  The lower left arrow is pointing out the fact that you can still access the links even though they're not visible to the eye.  I feel the issue has something to do with rmSlide element and the following rmVertical unordered list.  I can't figure out why the background and foreground colors of the elements aren't displaying.

I can get them to display by hovering over the drop-down link and then zooming in or out of the browser.  It's like IE needs to re-render the links before displaying the styles.  I was wondering if any of you have experienced this issue and possibly have found a fix for it?  Thank you for your time and consideration.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello Rob,

That's a tough one, unfortunately we cannot reproduce your issue in Sitefinity 6.1. Did you upgrade to 6.1 from an older version? Because we have a new navigation widget and it looks you are using the old. You may try to switch to the new one and hopefully this issue is gone.
If this issue still exists can you make your website accessible for us so we can see it ? or can you upload it to the fallowing FTP:

------------------------------------------
Set FTP in Active Mode!
IP address: 82.103.64.22
Username: RobDukarski728864
Password: Sg[0S08V3r8
------------------------------------------

To me it sounds like a small CSS issue... I am guessing that the IMAGE which you have on top is hiding the links... I guess that if you put for the navigation links a css rule to make the z-index bigger. Can you try to set the z-index of the image smaller then the z-index on the div containing the menu ?  I hope this will fix the issue.

Regards,
Nayden Gochev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed