Display Image Galleries as List

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:20

Display Image Galleries as List

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2014 00:00

I created a parent image gallery that will eventually contain dozens of child image galleries.  Each one of the child image galleries will contain hundreds of pictures.  

I am trying to find an easy way to post the child image galleries that are under the parent as a list. I cannot see that as an option in the image gallery widget or content area.  I have also thought of posting each image gallery to its own blog post, then I could use the blog widget to show the list of blogs.  Each blog post would contain all of the images on the specific child gallery.  I found a forum post on how to do that, but several users said it didn't work.  

Can anyone help me out?  From the size of the galleries, I do not want to see hundreds of thumbnails on the first page.   

For an end result, I'm looking to see a list of hyperlinks to each gallery from a content block.  I'd like it to look exactly they way a list of blog entries looks using the blog widget, list view.

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi Karl,

Currently, there is not such built-in control to show the titles of the child libraries and link to the images which the library contains, if I have correctly understood your scenario. However, you can very easily create a custom widget implementing this. I think you might find helpful the following blog post since, it is described how to query child folders of an album and the images in them.
To get the child folders is used:

var children = manager.GetAllFolders(parent);

to get the images:
IQueryable<Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image> imagesFolder = manager.GetImages()
                        .Where(img => img.FolderId == item.Id && img.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Live);

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed