Upgraded to 7.1 - need help styling vertical menus

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:42

Upgraded to 7.1 - need help styling vertical menus

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2014 00:00

We just migrated our site from a very old version of Sitefinity to 7.1 and I am struggling with one of the menus.

The vertical menu on the side of this page needs to be styled:
dev-live.inkforce.net/Core-Solutions.aspx

It appears the style sheet is located externally on a telerik server
perhaps?   I am not sure where to edit the menu to look the way I want
it to. I did find a variety of tutorials here:
www.telerik.com/.../menu-design-smart-tag.html
www.telerik.com/.../tabstrip-appearance-custom-skin.html
www.telerik.com/.../menu-skins.html

But I am not able to locate any of style sheets or settings anywhere.

How would I go about adjusting the size/styling of this menu?
I have attached an image with the menu I am trying to customize.
Thanks,
Tom

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2014 00:00

Hi Thomas,

You have been answered in the support ticket you had opened for this topic. Feel free to share the answer with the community.

Regards,
Angel Moret
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Sep-2014 00:00

Thank you - I was aware of this page and found it to be helpful

I have already styled the menu. Although the menus are working well enough in Chrome and Firefox for us to launch, they continue to be incorrect in IE so we are not able to go live with the dev site on time as we had hoped.

I have attached screen shots. If you open up this page in chrome/firefox you will see the  menus are perfect.

dev-live.inkforce.net/Core-Solutions.aspx

In IE the menu continues to be too narrow.

Please advise.
Thomas

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi 

I upgraded my application to v7.3 but I am getting error somewhere else. When I visit any page that has Sitefinity Event Calendar on it is throwing an errorTelerik.Web.UI. RadWindowManager with ID= ‘RadWindowManager‘was unable to find embedded skin with name Sitefinity. Please, make sure that you spelled the skin name correctly, or if you want to use a custom skin, set EnableEmbeddedSkins=false.To solve this I have added EnableEmbeddedSkins=”false”  to<telerik:RadWindowManager id="radWindowManager" runat="server" Modal="True" Skin="Sitefinity">Line and it worked on development machine, staging server but giving error on production server as belowCannot create an object of type ‘System.Boolean’ from its string representation “false” for “EnableEmbeddedSkins” property.I am not able to work around this. Please suggest a solution.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi 

I upgraded my application to v7.3 but I am getting error somewhere else. When I visit any page that has Sitefinity Event Calendar on it is throwing an errorTelerik.Web.UI. RadWindowManager with ID= ‘RadWindowManager‘was unable to find embedded skin with name Sitefinity. Please, make sure that you spelled the skin name correctly, or if you want to use a custom skin, set EnableEmbeddedSkins=false.To solve this I have added EnableEmbeddedSkins=”false”  to<telerik:RadWindowManager id="radWindowManager" runat="server" Modal="True" Skin="Sitefinity">Line and it worked on development machine, staging server but giving error on production server as belowCannot create an object of type ‘System.Boolean’ from its string representation “false” for “EnableEmbeddedSkins” property.I am not able to work around this. Please suggest a solution.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi Vakeel,

The "Sitefinity" skin was removed from the Telerik.Web.UI assembly; you can use the "Default" skin as a replacement. You will need to update all of your templates that have a reference to this skin, and also verify in your web.config file that EnableEmbeddedSkins is set to false.

The following articles can be of use for more information:

Sitefinity 7.1 Released

6 Telerik ASP.NET AJAX Skins Going Obsolete

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Angel Moret
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed