Theme not applying on live site, only in design view

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 08:29

Theme not applying on live site, only in design view

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2015 00:00

Hello,

I have created a custom theme and applied it to a page template, when I'm editing a page using the template I can see my theme is included (the styling is correct) but when I publish my page the theme is not included in the live site (no theme css in the head etc.)

It seems like this is some sort of bug, can anyone help me with this?

I have tried to recreate the page, template and theme but it doesn't seem to help.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2015 00:00

Hello Jurgen,

We have replied in the ticket you have opened for this and I am pasting the reply for your convenience here as well:

The behaviour is strange as registering the theme as Frontend theme as per the article should be fine.

In addition, in order to replicate the scenario - are you using a Master page or template created with layout editor. Do you have the same behaviour when just create a new page with build-in Page template and add the theme (without any widgets and other resources).

Furthermore, when you load your page on the frontend, do you have any errors in the browser console? Note that Sitefinity 8.0 uses jQuery 1.11.2, which could conflict with some of the other resources loaded.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2015 00:00

Hi Sabrie,

I have resolved the issue.

I was creating a page template with the bootstrap template (project feather) when the issue occured. I have recreated the template, this time I copied the bootstrap layout view and used that as my master template. No idea how this solved the issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2016 00:00

Hi,

Is there a way to get a registered Sitefinity theme applied to the MVC templates? I'd like to use a Sitefinity theme applied to a bootstrap template. I'm currently having the same trouble, the theme is applied in design view, but not the preview or live version of the page template, or any subsequent pages created from that template. 

Thanks! 

Jen

This thread is closed