Changing banner?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 13:19

Changing banner?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2015 00:00

I'm trying to update the logo and address on the banner on my website, and I can't figure out how to do so—when I edit the pages or the templates, the banner doesn't even come up as editable with the rest of the content (I've attached a screenshot). I've watched the Sitefinity video entitled "Image Banner Control for Sitefinity," but I don't even think the banner came from the same tool.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2015 00:00

Hello Jack,

The banner is most probably on the Page Template or on the Master page.

In order to get the template used and amend it you can check under Layout tab (screenshot) and then find it under Design > Page Templates (screenshot)

I hope the information above was useful.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

The screenshot I posted was the editor of the layout (not the webpage), so I don't think I can do it by changing the layout.

I managed to change the address by editing the master page, but I'm still having trouble with the logo.

The logo is located at /public/img/branding.gif and also in a combined file with the other images in /public/img/sprite.png

I tried to simply replace the file with the new logo in a file of the same name, but it is read-only. Then, I tried to edit the master page to point to a different image. Here is the related line of code:

<a class="phark branding sprite" href="/">Jubilee Park</a>

However, I can't even upload a new image to the img folder—I still get the access denied error.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi Jack,

Would you please try to upload the new image using the File manager.

Please also ensure that the application pool identity has read/write access set to that folder in
IIS > Edit Permissions > Security

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed