How to align the search button with the search text box in t

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:40

How to align the search button with the search text box in the search widget?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2015 00:00

Recently upgraded to 7.3 and now the search widget is not formatted correctly.  At first I thought it was an issue with a style="width:100%" that gets dropped in with the new widget. So I moved the search box from the header and put it in a page by itself. I figured that would be plenty of room. However, even on a page by itself the search button drops underneath the textbox. No CSS I have tried does anything to it.

It looks like this:

[   search    text   box   goes    here  ]
[button]

It should be like this:

[   search    text   box   goes    here  ] [button]

Please advise. Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2015 00:00

Hi,

There is a known issue with the RadControls adding a CSS rule that changes the box-sizing for all elements (*) to content-box. This has only been noted on the Page sharing widget thus far, but can be present on other widgets as well. Can you please try on a page that is not based on any template and does not have the page sharing widget.

Furthermore the issue has been fixed in version 2015 Q2 of the RadControls which is the version included in Sitefinity 8.1.5800. If the issue is present on the empty page I would suggest upgrading to Sitefinity 8.1.5800.

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2015 00:00

I was able to make this work by adding the following to our global search.css file:

.header .sfsearchTxt
 width: 150px !important;

This thread is closed