Full Blog Post widget with Author Info

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 13:00

Full Blog Post widget with Author Info

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2016 00:00

I want to show author's first name , last name, Image and about author (sitefinity user ) of blog at the  full blog post widget like the  attach image  2016-11-03_1724.png

i'm using the built-in widget to show the full blog post.

below is the widget template markup to display the blog post

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit"
    Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Comments.Web.UI.Frontend" TagPrefix="comments" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Comments" %>

<sf:SitefinityLabel id="title" runat="server" WrapperTagName="div" HideIfNoText="true" HideIfNoTextMode="Server" /> 

<div class="zone bg-color-white">
<div class="row">
<div class="container-d">
<div class="blogpage-box">

<telerik:RadListView ID="SingleItemContainer" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemContainer" AllowPaging="False"
    runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
    <layouttemplate>
            <%-- <div class="sfpostLinksWrp">
                <sf:MasterViewHyperLink class="sfpostBack sfback" Text="<%$ Resources:BlogResources, allposts %>" runat="server" />
            </div> --%>
            <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemContainer" runat="server" />
    </layouttemplate>
    <itemtemplate>
        <div class="sfpostDetails sfdetails" data-sf-provider='<%# Eval("Provider.Name")%>'  data-sf-id='<%# Eval("Id")%>' data-sf-type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Blogs.Model.BlogPost">
        <sf:FieldListView ID="PostTitle" runat="server" 
            Text="0" Properties="Title" 
            WrapperTagName="h1" WrapperTagCssClass="sfpostTitle sftitle" EditableFieldType="ShortText"
        />
        <div class="sfpostAuthorAndDate sfmetainfo">
            <asp:Literal ID="Literal2" Text="<%$ Resources:Labels, By %>" runat="server" /> 
            <sf:PersonProfileView runat="server" /> 
            <sf:FieldListView ID="PostDate" runat="server" 
                Format=" | PublicationDate.ToLocal():MMM dd, yyyy" 
            />
          <asp:Literal ID="Literal2" Text="Author Info" runat="server" />

<comments:CommentsCountControl runat="server" 
                ThreadKey='<%# ControlUtilities.GetLocalizedKey(Eval("Id"), null, CommentsBehaviorUtilities.GetLocalizedKeySuffix(Container.DataItem.GetType().FullName)) %>'  
                AllowComments='<%# Eval("AllowComments") %>' 
                ThreadType='<%# Container.DataItem.GetType().FullName %>' 
                NavigateUrl="#commentsWidget" 
                DisplayMode="ShortText"/>

<comments:CommentsAverageRatingControl runat="server" 
                ThreadKey='<%# ControlUtilities.GetLocalizedKey(Eval("Id"), null, CommentsBehaviorUtilities.GetLocalizedKeySuffix(Container.DataItem.GetType().FullName)) %>'
                ThreadType='<%# Container.DataItem.GetType().FullName %>' 
                NavigateUrl="#commentsWidget" 
                DisplayMode="FullText"/>
        </div>
        <sf:FieldListView ID="PostContent" runat="server" 
            Text="0" Properties="Content" 
            WrapperTagName="div" WrapperTagCssClass="sfpostContent sfcontent" EditableFieldType="LongText"
        />

<asp:PlaceHolder ID="socialOptionsContainer" runat="server">
            </asp:PlaceHolder>
            <comments:CommentsWidget runat="server" 
                AllowComments='<%# Eval("AllowComments") %>' ThreadTitle='<%# Eval("Title") %>' ThreadType='<%# Container.DataItem.GetType().FullName %>' 
                GroupKey='<%# ControlUtilities.GetUniqueProviderKey("Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Blogs.BlogsManager", Eval("Provider.Name").ToString()) %>'
                DataSource='<%# Eval("Provider.Name")%>' />
      </div>
    </itemtemplate>
</telerik:RadListView>
  </div>
  </div>
  </div>
    </div>

Can any one guide me and provide the steps to achieve the Post owner information on post detail widget

Your help will be appreciated

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2016 00:00

Hi Mubashir, here the thread, with exactly the same problem where you can find solution suitable for you: http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/developing-with-sitefinity-/retrieving-post-author-details-avatar-nickname-etc-in-blog-post-templates

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2016 00:00

Hi,

I have the read the link , but actually i have to show author information  like name, image and about author on single blog post widget specifically. Sharing the link the way i want information to be displayed

www.sitefinity.com/.../from-project-inception-to-post-release-optimization

The author part at the bottom of the page as given , i want it in that way.

Hi Mubashir ,
I have written a article for you that will help you. 

Author Information with blog post

Thanks Tabish for your response ,found it really helpful  !

This thread is closed