cannot activate module

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:17

cannot activate module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2013 00:00

Good day,

I am trying to create a module through Sitefinity 5 /administration/ module builder.  All is fine until I go to activate the module I then receive the error "There has been an error activating module" We are not using any Workflow as had read that may be a problem. If I go back to my list of modules it shows it there but not active and if I try and activate it from that screen I get the same error.
Any suggestions?

Thanks - Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2013 00:00

Same problem here, with version 5.4

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Rob,

Upon activation the module tries to access its configuration files where all the fields for the module created have been stored, the configuration files are located in App_Data/Sitefintiy/Configuration/DynamicModulesConfig.config if itefinty can`t access the configuration file under App_Data the module will not be activated. Make sure App_Data is not write protected in the file system and IIS have read, write ,modify permissions over it.

If this is the first module with the module builder created and there are no other go to App_Data/Sitefintiy/Configuration folder and delete DynamicModulesConfig.config, restart the application make sure folder App_Data can be accessed by sitefinty as described above and try creating a module again.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2013 00:00

Thanks Stanislav, that fixed the problem. The file had the rights but the Config directory did not. Once I applied the correct permissions to the Config directory the module would activate.
Thanks for the help,

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi,

We are getting the same error when we activate the module, check the attached screenshot.
Already the App_Data folder permission is set, but still the error.

Please help.

Thanks

Varghese

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Varghese,

Another cause for the module not to activate besides the permissions over the App_Data folder is if the module is imported as a structure from another site where this module was present.

The import of the module completes with success, but the activation fails in this scenario where the imported module is using a classification selector which selects from taxonomies that are not the default Categories, Tags and Departments, but a custom one. When the module gets activated it will search for the custom classification added in the original site where the site was used and if it doesn`t find it this error will be thrown.

Another cause is if manual updates have been made in App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/DynamicModulesConfig.config which have removed/modified a section of the configuration that is required for the module to start.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi all !
I using Sitefinity 6.3. I Installed and actived the jobs module but i can't see the link jobs module  in the Content menu, 
I don't know why? please help me

This thread is closed