Can't login to edit Website content with Sitefinity Box

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 00:36

Can't login to edit Website content with Sitefinity Box

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2013 00:00

Hi,

I am wondering if I am missing something. I have downloaded the Sitefinity Box iPhone app to be able to edit content on my mobile device. When I enter the web address and auth details and click login it just comes back to the login screen with no error message.

I have tried it on a SF 6.0 site and a SF 5.0 site.

Thanks,

Seth 

Posted by Community Admin on 14-May-2013 00:00

Hi Seth,

Can you please let us know if you have created any mobile applications in the Sitefinity instance you're trying to connect to? Please note that you should have at least one application present, to which Sitefinity Box can connect to.
In addition, can you please elaborate on "I have tried it on a SF 6.0 site and a SF 5.0 site." - please note that the mobile app builder feature is available with our Sitefinity 6.0 release, and was not present in the previous versions.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2013 00:00

I'm having this same problem. I just published an app and downloaded Sitefinity Box. When I try to login to my site the message is "Error logging in". I've tried http://sitename.com and http://sitename.com/ and http://sitename.com/sitefinity

What am I missing?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2013 00:00

Hi Mark,

Can you please let us know if the site has been made public, and if public connections to it are allowed. Please note that SitefinityBox needs an http:// connection to the site, so in cases where the site is in a protected network, or behind a firewall or IIS white list, you have to ensure you are bale to connect to it.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Mark,

I just wanted to follow up with the following suggestion - if the problem does not match our previous explanation, do you think you can test if the issue reproduces with another module or maybe even another Sitefinity project? If the issue is specific for that module, can you export it and send it to us, so we can import it and test its behavior locally?

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Boyan, the website is public. Are there new ports that need to be opened?

I cannot try with any other websites because this is the only license I have that is Professional, the rest of my licenses are standard. I created another app and I'm experiencing the same thing when I click the login button from Sitefinity Box: "Error logging in"

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2013 00:00

Hi Mark,

Can you please give us any admin credentials for your public website so that we can investigate the problem in the real case. In addition could you tell us the OS of your mobile phone.
Are you by any chance using any custom authentication? 
Sorry for your inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
Nikolay Dimitrov
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2016 00:00

I am having the same issue as Mark.  When I login to my public site on Sitefinity Box on my iphone, I get the "Error logging in" message and can go no further.  Can someone help?  I have created an app based on a module, so there is content in the backend to work with.  Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2016 00:00

Hello,

It will be quite difficult to tell what might cause the problem as we cannot reproduce it on our end. I would advise to open a support ticket where you can provide us with temporary backend access and we will inspect the problem directly on your project. 

Best Regards,
Nikolay Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed