Failed to Execute URL

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 09:54

Failed to Execute URL

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi All,

I'm new to Sitefinity, and I want to load my existing components in Sitefinity 6.1.

I have a standard asp.net web application project that contains a web component I use in different environments (asp.net sites and other CMS systems).

I'm trying to add this component to a new sitefinity 6.1 application. Therefore I created a custom module which dynamically loads the ascx from my component.

All the ascx files, images and stylesheet of the component are uploaded to the sitefinity application, the dll's are referenced and automatically uploaded through my custom module.

All works perfect. My component is loaded and working as expected, except the stylesheet and the images it references are not loaded when NOT logged in into the Sitefinity backend.
When not logged in, I get "Failed to Execute URL" when I try to download the stylesheet manually.

I would prefere not to include my original components into the custom module project, and therefore I would like to embed them.

Is there a way I still can download the css file (and its images) when not logged in? Should I create a virtual path? Which resolver should I use then?

I also want to be able to upload the ascx, images and stylesheet together with the custom module. Is there a possibility to do that?

Kind regards,

Michel

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2013 00:00

Figured it out. When placed in the "\App_Data\Sitefinity\WebsiteTemplates\" folder, I'm able to download the files, even when not logged in.

Remains the question how can I upload the files together with the custom module, (The files are not part of my custom module project).

Kind regards,

Michel

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi Michel,

You said tat you want to upload the components together with the custom module. This sounds like you're uploading the custom module. Can you please elaborate a bit on the approach take. Where would you like to upload these files and will they be used later on by your custom module or application?

Regards,
Jen Peleva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi Jen,

I'm using thunder to develop the custom module. The module is created in a seperate project (Empty Custom Module Project), and there is a reference from the SiteFinityWebApp to the project. (The SiteFinityWebApp is not build, it is on another server, and this gives us build errors) 

The Module is actually is a wrapper around the existing asxc, js and css files (from another project). It loads the control through "this.Page.LoadControl(pathToASCX)".

The ascx, js and css files are uploaded to the server manually (in ~/App_Data/SiteFinity/WebSitetemplates/mytemplateFolder/WidgetTemplates/MyWidgetFolder/UserControls).

I would like to be able to upload them to the server automatically, into the directory above, without having to add them to the custom module project.

Kind regards

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi Michel,

So let's see if I got your scenario right - the purpose of your custom module is to upload ascx files to a Sitefinity project. This module is on a different server, not the server, where you have your SitefinityWebApp project (why is that)?Basically, custom modules execute their logic in the context of Sitefinity, so if your module is added to the solution of your SitefinityWebApp project,  and you have a reference to it from SitefinityWebApp, then after building the solution, the dll of the custom module will be transfered into the bin of SitefinityWebApp and the code will be executed each time you run SitefinityWebApp. What i'm not sure is how you plan to change the ascx files and make them work in Sitefinity if you aren't building SitefinityWebApp each time you add a new ascx file. Can you elaborate on this?

Regards,
Jen Peleva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed