List Template not automatically created when creating a modu

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 06:31

List Template not automatically created when creating a module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi,

I created my first module using the module builder, but for some reason either the list template wasn't created at all or I can't find it. I created contents for the module and added it to a page, clicked edit to find the list template, but there is no list template to open. The only option available is to create a new template. Where did I go wrong?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello Tooba,

The described behavior is not the default one for Module builder. Please check the following video which I have recorded for demonstration.

http://screencast.com/t/vccm1yKkZEc

As you can see from the video when a module is created there are templates created for list and details views. If you still experiencing this problem I would suggest to open a support ticket where you can provide us with a backend credentials and we will inspect the problem directly on your website.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2016 00:00

How about the List template in MVC format? I.e. we built a module using Module Builder, but we can't find where to create a custom front end MVC view for it. 

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2016 00:00

For us the created widgets appear under the Design->Widget Templates.  You can then edit the MVC view from there by selecting the list or detail template that was created.

This thread is closed