Module per Content Type or 1 Module with lots of Content Typ

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 10:00

Module per Content Type or 1 Module with lots of Content Types

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi,

I've created a Module which now has 2 Content Types, is this the correct way to do it or should I create a module for each Content Type?

The problem I have is that I need to delete 1 Content Type from my Module, there doesn't seem to be an option to do that so i'm wondering if i'm doing things wrong

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi David ,

It is advisable to create separate modules for your custom content, rather than making new content types in just one dynamic module, unless your content structure does not explicitly needs the module created this way. 

Unfortunately there is no way to remove only one of the content types from a module with 2+ content types. I would suggest to delete the module and then recreate only the needed content type for this module. 

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2014 00:00

[quote]It is advisable to create separate modules for your custom content, rather than making new content types in just one dynamic module, unless your content structure does not explicitly needs the module created this way. [/quote]

Can you please clarify why is this the recommended way? 

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2014 00:00

+1 on Wagner's request to clarify.

For example:
If I want to create an employee directory as well as a department directory and my intention is to relate employees and departments, is your recommendation that I create separate directory modules? Or, 1 module with employee and department content types?

Thanks,
Gregory

Theres really no difference eitherway except if you keep them in tbe same module the menu structure looks nicer....but theres no functional difference to the user or developer oitside of that...this assumes the employee/directory example above.

If everything is in 1 module, you can't disable/delete a content type individually. That's the problem I had.

You can delete child types in 7 now btw

This thread is closed