Cannot add data to Custom Module

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:22

Cannot add data to Custom Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2014 00:00

We recently upgraded to Sitefinity 6.3 and I am not attempting to create a store locator. I am following the steps outlined in this article:  www.sitefinity.com/.../creating-an-ecommerce-store-locator-widget

I added the module exactly as directed and activated it. When I clicked on Content Store Locator I got the following error: "Sequence contains more than one matching element."

Any idea why I am getting this error?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2014 00:00

Hello Noah,

This is pretty general error, but if you have not tired this yet, you can download the widget from here and install it using Sitefinity Thunder.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Vassil,

Thank you for replying. I did download the widget and I am not having any issues with the code at the moment. The problems I am having is when I try to enter data. I click on "Store Locator" under content and I get that error. 

I set up the Custom Module (under Administration -> Module Builder ) with the exact same fields that were listed in the instructions. When I go to add a record to the table that is when I get the error.

This does not seem to be an issue with any of the new code since I have not added that code yet to the system, I am just trying to add data to the custom module I setup under Module Builder

Noah

Hello Noah,

I could advise you to open a support ticket, where you could add all the information (screenshots, error logs) as this could require sending your project to Telerik Support.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2015 00:00

It seems that Sitefinity is using Distance field in one of its default modules. Try renaming the Distance field and it will work. Dont forget to modify the backend codes to the renamed Distance field.

This thread is closed