Error adding new field in module builder

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:15

Error adding new field in module builder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2014 00:00

We are running on Sitefinity 5.4.4040.  We have a dynamic content and I attempted to add a field to the existing module using the module builder.  I create the field successfully, but when I click Finish I get an error.  I checked the log files and discovered the following:

Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. 

Exception information: 
    Exception type: LockRecursionException 
    Exception message: Write lock may not be acquired with read lock held. This pattern is prone to deadlocks. Please ensure that read locks are released before taking a write lock. If an upgrade is necessary, use an upgrade lock in place of the read lock.

Has anyone ever experienced this before?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi,

Does this happen for all fields that you add to this module? Also, does it happen for newly created modules? We have had a similar issue in previous versions when the startup type of a module is set to OnFirstCall. You can check this in the System.config file.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2014 00:00

Yes, I added 3 fields in total just for testing purposes and the same issue happened.  I tried another module and the same thing happened, so I do know it is not tied to this specific module.  I do not recall that this same thing happened for newly created modules.  I believe it only happens for modules already created.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for the information.

It is hard to tell what is causing this. I would like to suggest opening testing the project in a different environment. If the issue is reproduced there, I would like to suggest opening a support ticket for this issue. We will be able to assist you further there. Once we have discovered the cause, you can share the solution with the community.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed