Templates for List / Detail View of Custom Module

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 06:59

Templates for List / Detail View of Custom Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2014 00:00

Simply put, how does one create templates for the List/Detail View of a Custom Module in VS.  I would like to be able to query for other members of the custom module in the detail view to allow for paging forward and back through the content for instance.  Perhaps an MVC example if possible?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello Piotr,

I have responded in your support ticket and once the solution is found, you can share it with the community.

Best regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2016 00:00

I am curious what the solution was for this issue as I have a similar problem that I am working on. Mine involves a custom module and they would like a previous/next button to allowing moving through the content.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2016 00:00

Hello Tim,

In case of custom module you can implement such functionality in the templates, which could be found under:
(Master / Detail)  ~/Web/UI/YourModuleItems

Depending on the scenario you have, you can just use the paging in the List view activating prev/next buttons: 
- add all the fields you need of the item in the list view
- select the field to show only one Item
- Enable the Prev/Next buttons on the pager in order to navigate between the Items:

<sf:Pager id="pager" runat="server" ShowPrevAndNext="true" ></sf:Pager>

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed