Single Item Template

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 09:55

Single Item Template

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2015 00:00

I want to use a page for the Single Item Template.  Is it possible for me to add the Single Item Template to a page and then use Thunder to edit this template as I do with the List Template?  If so how?

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi David,

Thank you for using our services.

In order to use Sitefinity Thunder to edit widget templates you can check this article how it could be achieved:
http://docs.sitefinity.com/thunder-edit-widget-templates

You can also check this video demonstration:
http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/videos/editing-widget-templates-with-sitefinity-thunder

I hope the information above was useful.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2015 00:00

Svetoslav,

I know how to edit the template using thunder, but what I don't know how to do, is add the Single Item Template to a page?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2015 00:00

I'm guessing there is no method to just drop the Single Item Template on a page, so you have to copy the code and create an .asc control?  The problem here then is you can't use Thunder to edit the Single Item Template going forward?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2015 00:00

This is me being an idiot.  You just select One Particular Property under the content tab of your Custom Module control (make sure you don't actually pick an item like I did).  Then the Single Item Template will be displayed in the control and you can use Thunder to edit the template.  Simples.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi David,

The shared solution with the community is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed