Problem in Module Builder after upgrade

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 01:38

Problem in Module Builder after upgrade

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jun-2015 00:00

I recently started to get back to an older project, and went through the upgrade process to tie the site into NuGet instead of doing the manual process.  Well this upgraded the site from 7.1.5200 to 8.0.5719.0 which seems to have broken my custom modules that I had in place.  The error message I'm getting in the backend is:

----------------------------------------
Timestamp: 6/26/2015 12:57:45 AM

Message: HandlingInstanceID: f5091135-0667-4078-aded-aa7abb436a90
An exception of type 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException' occurred and was caught.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
06/25/2015 20:57:45
Type : System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Source : mscorlib
Help link : 
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : System.Object CreateInstance(System.RuntimeType, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean ByRef, System.RuntimeMethodHandleInternal ByRef, Boolean ByRef)
HResult : -2146232828
Stack Trace :    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance[T]()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager[T](String providerName, String transactionName)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicModules.DynamicModuleManager.GetManager(String providerName)
   at SitefinityWebApp.UserControls.PSCServicesMenu.PSCServicesMenuControl.GetPSCServiceQueryable() in d:\PSCDS\PSC\PSC.Website\PSC.Website.SitefinityWebApp\UserControls\PSCServicesMenu\PSCServicesMenuControl.ascx.cs:line 31
   at SitefinityWebApp.UserControls.PSCServicesMenu.PSCServicesMenuControl.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\PSCDS\PSC\PSC.Website\PSC.Website.SitefinityWebApp\UserControls\PSCServicesMenu\PSCServicesMenuControl.ascx.cs:line 44
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Additional Info:

XXXXX

Inner Exception
---------------
Type : System.Exception, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : The configuration 'DynamicModulesConfig' is not registered
Source : Telerik.Sitefinity
Help link : 
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Void VerifySectionRegistered(System.Type, System.String)
HResult : -2146233088
Stack Trace :    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Config.VerifySectionRegistered(Type sectionType, String sectionName)
  at Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Config.GetSectionInternal(Type sectionType, Boolean safeMode, String sectionName)
  at Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Config.GetSectionPrivate[TSection](Boolean safeMode)
  at Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicModules.DynamicModuleManager.get_ProvidersSettings()
  at Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetProvidersSettings()
  at Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.Initialize()
  at Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor(String providerName, String transactionName)
  at Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicModules.DynamicModuleManager..ctor()

This seems to be happening in the log file right after this:

Inner Exception
---------------
Type : Telerik.OpenAccess.OpenAccessException, Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2015.1.225.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342
Message : SQL exception on 'ALTER TABLE [homerotator_banner] ADD CONSTRAINT [ref_hmrttr_bnnr_sf_dy_B951ED3E] FOREIGN KEY ([base_id]) REFERENCES [sf_dynamic_content]([base_id]) ON DELETE CASCADE' : The ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "ref_hmrttr_bnnr_sf_dy_B951ED3E". The conflict occurred in database "sitefinity_test", table "dbo.sf_dynamic_content", column 'base_id'.
Source : Telerik.OpenAccess.Runtime
Help link : 
InnerExceptions : System.Exception[]
FailedObject : 
BackendError : Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: The ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "ref_hmrttr_bnnr_sf_dy_B951ED3E". The conflict occurred in database "sitefinity_test", table "dbo.sf_dynamic_content", column 'base_id'. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "ref_hmrttr_bnnr_sf_dy_B951ED3E". The conflict occurred in database "sitefinity_test", table "dbo.sf_dynamic_content", column 'base_id'.

and yes, the homerotator_banner is one of my custom module controls and it is tied to dynamic content.

It looks like I could modify the database to kill the Foreign Key, but what damage will that do to the system?  What other options do I have?  Should I upgrade to a different version first and then move to 8.0?

Thanks!
George

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2015 00:00

Hello George,

Can you try to restore locally your 7.1 project and upgrade it using the Project manager following that article:
http://docs.sitefinity.com/upgrade

In case this do not helps I would recommend you to open a support ticket in order to inspect the project more detailed.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2015 00:00

That did it - thanks.

This thread is closed