Error trying to access the edit interface on a custom module

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 17:06

Error trying to access the edit interface on a custom module item

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2016 00:00

We are running Sitefinity 7.3.5610.0. We have a custom module that allows us to post a certain article type (see screen grab of what the module contains). This module has been working perfectly until today. Now, when I try to click on an item, to edit it, I receive a generic error message (see attached screen grab).  Looking at the Error Logs, I see the error message copied below.  

Last week, I tried to modify this module using module builder to include a "tags" field. The update failed. When I did research, it appears that the reason was this bug:

strativie.com/.../an-exception-is-thrown-when-updating-dynamic-module-fields-on-multilingual-sitefinity-projects-with-configurations-stored-in-the-database 

Is this related to the reason I'm unable to edit content? If so, how do I clear this up? I need to be able to edit my content.

Category: ErrorLog
Priority: 0
EventId: 90030
Severity: Error
Title:Enterprise Library Exception Handling
Machine: UNIV10VMW02
App Domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT-1-131019300529499262
ProcessId: 2772

Process Name: c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe
Thread Name:
Win32 ThreadId:988
Extended Properties:
----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
Timestamp: 3/8/2016 5:02:14 PM

Message: HandlingInstanceID: 0e5e858f-ea4d-4efc-a209-5d1bbef8f6cb
An exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred and was caught.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
03/08/2016 11:02:14
Type : System.ArgumentException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : When RenderChoiceAs is set to SingleCheckBox, there should be only one ChoiceItem in the collection
Source : Telerik.Sitefinity
Help link :
ParamName :
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Void InitializeControls(Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.GenericContainer)
HResult : -2147024809
Stack Trace :    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.ChoiceField.InitializeControls(GenericContainer container)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Additional Info:

MachineName : UNIV10VMW02
TimeStamp : 3/8/2016 5:02:14 PM
FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=7.3.5610.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
AppDomainName : /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT-1-131019300529499262
ThreadIdentity : bwilson
WindowsIdentity : IIS APPPOOL\dev.ufcu.org

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2016 00:00

Hello,

The problem is that the module currently have a setting to display one of its fields as SingleCheckBox, but the configurations don`t match this. There are more than one choice options available for this field. The strange here is that when using Choice field for the dynamic modules there is no option to use SingleCheckBox, here is a screenshot. 

The error indicates that the modules uses a choice field of type SingleCheckBox and this change must have been made manually updating the module configurations.
By default in the UI only one choice item can`t be selected, there must always be two choice items, here is a screenshot and the update to use SingleCheckBox haven`t reflected this.

To fix:
The module gets fixed when it gets updated from Administration->Module Builder -> select the module and click finish to update it.

After the update check the choice fields in the module are as expected, dropdowns, multiple choice fields, radio buttons. If some of the fields is not correct let me know details of this field.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed