how to use sitefinity web service to display related data in

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:35

how to use sitefinity web service to display related data in mobile app

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2016 00:00

Hello,
I installed latest version of Sitefinity. Then I created a custom module named "students" (1.png). with two content types - #1. students #2. studenclass
Then I entered two values like "Class I" and "Class II" in studenclass
Then entered values for Students like below where studenclass mapped with studenclass module/content type of student module.
Title - RollNo - studenclass - student image
"ABC" "MM0001" "Class I" <student image>
"XYZ" "MM0002" "Class I" <student image>
"DEF" "MM0007" "Class II" <student image>

Then created a web service from Administration --> Web Service named "Student" (2.png).
If we run this url in browser it returns value properly -
192.168.1.15/.../studenclass (3.png)
192.168.1.15/.../students (4.png)

Now, I want to know how I can show related data ?
Example: First, I want to list classes and I get that data from - 192.168.1.15/.../studenclass Now, I want to show all students when user click on any particular class. should we need to write any custom code/service to get related data? or we can pass the "id" of that particular class to an URL to get the data. Also, how to fetch the Student Image by passing the student id to an URL?
We want to show all data using Kendo UI.
Note: All are local url, so I attached images here.
Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2016 00:00

Hi Somnath,

You can check the client Binder controls sample here:
http://docs.sitefinity.com/for-developers-client-binder-controls

About the Kendo Grid binding to odata source you can check in that documentation article:
http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/grid/remote-data-binding

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed