Module Builder Permissions

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:51

Module Builder Permissions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2016 00:00

Is it possible to give a role access to the Module Builder functions under the Administration menu without giving the role access to all Administration functions?  I want our designers to be able to build modules but not access all the back end settings.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2016 00:00

Hello Jon,

Actually this is a known issue logged in our feedback portal, where you can subscribe to receive notifications on status change.

For the time being the only solution that I could propose you is to create the modules needed by admin user and than mange their content Items by that dedicated users giving them access to the Module Builder (or Particular module) under Administration > Permissions:
http://docs.sitefinity.com/administration-global-and-section-permissions

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2016 00:00

Seeing that this issue was reported 4 years ago, is there any hope this will ever be fixed?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2016 00:00

Hi Jon,

Actually this is the behaviour by design. The permissions under Administration > Permissions > Module builder are related to only Content > <respective module> management.
Module Builder menu under Administration is allowed to administrators only as this impacts site's restart.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2017 00:00

Svetoslav,

To clarify your statement "Module Builder menu under Administration is allowed to administrators only as this impacts site's restart" -- do you mean that only users with the Administrator role can create new modules?

I am trying to create "Developer" roles for our web team that, basically, allow them to create/edit/delete basic website objects in our test environment -- templates, pages, content types, AND modules -- without giving them Admin access, which would give them the ability to potentially render the site non-functional, given that they are still learning the basics of Sitefinity.  Are you saying that what I am attempting to do is not possible?

It seems logical that there would be a means of creating a "Web Developer" or "Web Designer" role, if not making these Sitefinity defaults, especially considering how much Sitefinity allows for customization.  

Benjamin Haag

This thread is closed