Filter Child Content items by Date

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 12:51

Filter Child Content items by Date

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2017 00:00

I have a dynamic module with two content types 1) Traded Funds and 2) Historic Data the second of which has the first as its parent. Each historic data entry has a date and also stores two additional fields storing the traded values for that day. 

I'm creating a custom widget using MVC and trying to query the historic data filtering by dates so that the user can view only a selected number of days' worth of financial data. 

Here's a sample of code I'm using: 

var dynamicModuleManager = new DynamicModuleManager(String.Empty);
Type typeETF = TypeResolutionService.ResolveType("Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.TradedFunds.ExchangeTradedFund");
Type typeHistoricData = TypeResolutionService.ResolveType("Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.TradedFunds.HistoricDataEntry");

//get the fund that we're dealing with
var fundItem = dynamicModuleManager.GetDataItems(typeETF).Where(x => x.UrlName == urlName && x.Status == Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.ContentLifecycleStatus.Live && x.Visible == true).First();

var newFromDate = from.Subtract(TimeSpan.FromDays(1));
var newToDate = to.AddDays(1);

//now get the child items
var childItems = fundItem.GetChildItems(typeHistoricData)
    .Where(x => x.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Live
    && x.Visible == true
    && x.GetValue<DateTime?>("Date") > newFromDate
    && x.GetValue<DateTime?>("Date") < newToDate).ToList();

var childItems2 = dynamicModuleManager.GetDataItems(typeHistoricData).Where(x => x.SystemParentId == fundItem.OriginalContentId
    && x.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Live
    && x.Visible == true
    && x.GetValue<DateTime?>("Date") > newFromDate
    && x.GetValue<DateTime?>("Date") < newToDate).ToList();

In both attempts childItems and childItems2 the count returned is zero. 

There is data available for the days I'm selecting so I'm not sure why this is happening. I seem to be able to filter/sort on other fields except Date. 

This thread is closed