Threat detected with Sitefinity 4.0 BETA SDK

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 17:45

Threat detected with Sitefinity 4.0 BETA SDK

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2010 00:00

Hey everyone,

Our ever watchful partner and friend Lino Tadros gave us a heads up that AVG doesn’t like the VBS that we embedded in the Welcome.hta page used by the Sitefinity 4.0 SDK BETA.  AVG warns that this file is a potential threat.  

Internally at Telerik, we use different virus protection software and we never saw this warning.  We will make alterations to future versions of the SDK to remove this warning.  In the meantime, there is no risk or danger.  The warning can be bypassed without harm.  We’re using VBS merely to open the Sitefinity Project Manager and Visual Studio projects. 

Sorry for any confusion or alarm on this.

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2010 00:00

You just need to disable the "Resident Shield"  (obviously not recommended) or better still add an exception to the path of the file to allow it to run.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello,

We guarantee that there is no threat in the installation. In the past, the HTA files were really easy to be exploited, that's why the antivirus companies recognize them as dangerous. Unfortunately the short time frame that we've had, didn't allow us to use WPF application for the welcome page, so we went with the HTA. This is still on the table though - starting with the next release, we will drop the HTA approach and will use WPF desktop application instead. 

We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Regards,
Georgi Chokov | Technical Support Director
The Telerik Team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2010 00:00

Once again great forum help when I have a problem. It's been a while since I used the RadAjax controls. Now I am working with CMS and wanted to try out the new Sitefinity as we are looking to change CMS over the next year or 2. I had the issue with AVG and the welcome.hta, but straight away found this post.

Can't wait to get stuck in testing another great Telerik product!

Thanks, again.

This thread is closed