Need Silverlight 4 SDK and tools for VS

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:17

Need Silverlight 4 SDK and tools for VS

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi all

Don't know whether it's just me or a standard thing but I could not load the demo solution properly. Was getting errors about MSBuild files not being present for Silverlight 4 when I had this version installed.

I needed the Silverlight tools for VS 2010 downloadable here to make it work.
I initially installed the Silverlight 4.0 SDK standalone, then got he message that I needed the VS tools. When I installed these I think it adds the SDK anyway.

I then got prompted to install the Silverlight tools from VS and once that is done I could open the demo project and run it with no problems.

Matt

Hello mattc,

Thank you for using our services.

The SDK samples for the Silverlight controls are built using the RadControls for Silverlight. Visual Studio 2010 requires that you have the Silverlight 4.0 Dev Tools first. You can check the system requirements here.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Sorry Radoslav, I didn't check these, just installed it and expected it to work, thanks for pointing it out.

Matt

Hello mattc,

Well our installer checks if you have Silverlight 4 installed, however it does not check if you have the tools installed. Probably we should also display a message that you require the tools.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

This thread is closed